You’re on the home stretch and now is the time to think about your paper goods! We have a few tips for getting your RSVPs in a timely manner, writing your thank yous, and adding a personal touch to your invitations!
1. Send your invitations on a Wednesday
Why? When you send your invitations on a Wednesday, generally you can expect them to be delivered by Friday or Saturday that same week. These days are when a person is most likely to have time to answer your invitation and mail their RSVP back right away. This gives you a better chance of receiving timely responses and trust us, you’ll need all the help you can get!
2. Write your Thank Yous as you open gifts
Getting started is the hardest part!
This is a lot easier said than done, but being prepared ahead of time will keep you on top of that thank you note game. To do this, you will need to:
1. Buy your thank yous before the wedding!
2. (optional) Have a Thank You template handy!
3. Write each thank you after opening each present, including the person’s name and your note of appreciation.
4. If you don’t want to do everything at once, save signing the cards and addressing the envelopes for a later time like on the plane to your honeymoon (just don’t lose them!) or when you’re getting ready to mail your next set of bills!
3. Hand Deliver Invites
Hand delivering your invites adds that personal touch and (if you’re looking to save a few stamps) gives you savings that could really add up!
3.5 If you hand deliver, make sure you get an address too!
So hand delivering invitations (for whatever reason) may be easier to do than hand delivering thank yous. Make sure you get addresses for all your guests asap for thank yous later on!
Image via Pinterest